In our experience, every book project is unique. With custom publishing, you get all the services you need, but you don't pay for things you don't need. We've listed general rates below, but you will want to contact us to discuss your book specifics.
We are designers and book lovers; we can bring your vision to the page.
To get the process rolling, call us today! (541) 864-0007
- Content or Developmental Edit The editor's job is to work with you to present your ideas clearly and convincingly, considering organization, sentence structure, and tone. Starting at $65.00 per hour
- Copy Editing We’ll conduct a thorough check for correct syntax, punctuation, grammar, and style. Starting at $6.50 per page
- Proofreading An essential task after layout and typesetting, proofreading is a careful read to catch typos, bad breaks, loose lines, inaccurate headers or footers, and those grammatical and typographical gremlins that sneak into every manuscript. Starting at $1.75 per page
Have your book designed in an elegant, creative, and professional-looking paperback or hardcover format.
- Essential This is a complete design of limited complexity based on a concept and art/photos you provide. If you have all the art elements and a strong design concept already worked out, let us bring the pieces together as a pleasing and effective whole. $500
- Accomplished We’ll execute a winning cover of moderate complexity, collaborating with you on concept, conducting image research as needed, and developing a custom treatment. $750
- Superior Some books demand an elaborate design, require research and development, custom illustrations or digital manipulation. $950
Additional for hardcover format: $150 (Prices do not include cost of permissions for art)
Book Design and Interior page layout
Design and layout of straight text, including 3 design samples and one free round of changes: $6.50 per page
Some complex manuscripts, such as cookbooks, poetry and textbooks, present design challenges that may require Custom services.
Image Scanning and photoshop
To scan any images for your book interior and adjust it to a print-ready quality and format. $7.00 per item
(prices may vary due to quality of original art)
- A standard index if essential to help readers find information quickly and painlessly. Many readers skim topics via the index to decide whether to buy the book. $3.75 per book page
- An academic index is comprehensive: it will be weighed by librarians and educators before adopting the book and used by the author’s peers to judge the book’s merit $4.50 per book page
Service Timeline: 2-3 weeks
ISBN Assignment and Bar Code
The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a 13-digit number that uniquely identifies books and book-like products published internationally. Booksellers, libraries, universities, wholesalers, and distributors use the ISBN for identification and cataloging. Package includes bar code. $175.00
US Copyright Registration
Registering your work with the U.S. Copyright Office provides a public record of your ownership of the material. You will receive an official certificate that verifies your book’s coverage under U.S. copyright regulations. $150.00
Complete project management for publishers and other businesses. We work with some of the largest textbook publishers in the world.
Call (541) 864-0007.